The Manitowoc County Historical Society is a place where curiosity is sparked and people of all ages are encouraged to learn more about the world around them. Our programs and site operations would not be complete without the partnerships with community organizations:
Mid-Lakes Rustic iron
The Mid-Lakes Rustic Iron is a group dedicated to preserving machinery and practices of agriculture as it was done in the past.
Together our groups have a clear goal—to educate the public and future generations with demonstrations of vintage agriculture. This cooperative effort brings to life Wisconsin’s rich agricultural heritage with popular displays, field demonstrations, and countless activities for visitors of all ages. Each September, the Mid-Lakes Thresheree is organized by dedicated members of each group.
mANITOWOC PUBLIC LIBRARY Museum pass Partnership
Thanks to a partnership between the Manitowoc Public Library and the Manitowoc County Historical Society, we are happy to offer FREE family admission with the checkout of a museum pass from the Manitowoc Public Library.
How the museum pass works:
- Passes are available for checkout on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You may check the availability of passes by contacting the library.
- Check out a pass in person, at your local library circulation desk.
- Present the pass from the library to the museum staff upon entry. The museum staff will retain the pass.
- Admission is valid for up to 2 adults, and children under the age of 17, in the same household.
- There is a checkout limit of one pass per family. Passes may be checked out by adult cardholders.
- Passes are valid for one visit within the 14-day loan period.
Our landscape is enhanced by local gardeners.