Saturday and Sunday, June 2 and 3 - from 10 am to 4 pm
Although it has been over 150 years since our country has fought in the Civil War, the diaries, stories, and lessons still remain. Pinecrest Village is transformed into a Civil War encampment where visitors can meet famous figures of the past and experience firsthand a turbulent time period in our nation’s history. Join reenactors as they stage a battle complete with raging cannons and marching infantry. Learn how the nation changed through the insights of local people who made a difference in history. The family-friendly event features food, fun and shopping on "Sutler's Row" for traditional Civil War-era reproduction products.
Featured Activities (Both days):
- Mid-day meal cooking demonstrations at the Confederate Camp
- 12:30 Artillery Drill
- 1 pm main battle reeactment
- Medical scenario following the main battle
- 3:00 School of the Soldier at the Collins Depot
Saturday Only Activities (June 2)
- 10:00 Infantry and Cavalry Drill
- 11:00 Picket
- 11:30 Medical Inspection at Cheese Factory
Sunday Only Activities (June 3)
- 10:15 Church Service at Niles Community Church
- Join author Ron Larson throughout the day to learn about his new book, "Wisconsin and the Civil War"
- 11:00 Infantry and Cavalry Drill
- 11:30 Picket
Admission is $10 for adults, $7 for children age 5 to 17, and under age 5 is free. MCHS members receive free admission.