Most Manitowoc County Historical Society archives materials may be copied unless their physical condition or legal constraints prohibit it. We reserve the right to deny copying of materials. Rare, fragile, and large format items such as bound newspapers may not be copied.
Researchers who cannot visit our Research Library may order copies by e-mail or letter. We do not accept orders by phone.
Normal turn-around time is approximately two to four weeks, but may be longer.
Archives duplication fees
- Private and Public Use: 25 cents per page
300 ppi standard size photocopy image
- Private use: $10 per image
- Public use: Not available
300 ppi standard size digital image
- Private use: $20 per image
- Public use: $30 per image with permission notation
300 ppi oversize digital image file
- Private use: $30 per image
- Public use: $40 per image with permission notation
Digital image larger than 300 ppi
- Private use: $40 per image
- Public use: $50 per image with permission notation
*Standard size is up to 12 inches by 18 inches.
how to use mchs images for public use
Your credit line should include a reference to the Manitowoc County Historical Society; the specific collection that includes the image; and the negative, transparency or digital ID number. When space is a confining variable, a simple line noting “Courtesy of the Manitowoc County Historical Society” followed by the ID number is acceptable.