The Manitowoc County Historical Society and The Fitness Store will make history June 17 for a never-before-offered event featuring members of The Wheelmen, a national group of high-wheel bicycle enthusiasts, as they descend on the site for a day of historic fun and games.
We've planned a big day of fun and can't wait to see these high wheelers pedaling around!
There are many ways for guests to participate, with or without bicycles.
Ride with the Wheelmen (Register for the Ride and download a map HERE)
Time: Begins at 10 am in Two Rivers and ride to Manitowoc. Return to Two Rivers around 1 pm.
Location: Mariner's Trail.
Guests may ride their own bikes on a tour led by members of The Wheelmen, riding their antique bicycles.
Cycling, Games and Demonstrations
1 pm to 4 pm
Manitowoc County Historical Society (924 Pinecrest Road, Manitowoc)
Admission is $10 for Adults, $7 for children. Free for MCHS Members.
· Watch the Wheelmen ride and demonstrate
· Take a spin around the twists and turns of the bicycle track on a tricycle
replicated from the era
· Craft a commemorative High Wheel postcard in the Print Shop
· Discover bicycle safety with the Wisconsin Bike Federation
· Learn late-19th-century bicycle songs and rhymes in Shadyside School from 2 to 2:30
· Put on period apparel, climb aboard a replica high-wheel bike and have a one-of-a-kind photo taken.